Monday, October 13, 2008

Mashups: pro or con?

Ok, so I looked at some mashups. I don't like 'em. Now, I'm all for funny pictures and things, and yes they're funny. And outrageous, and just silly. But I rather use flickr as a place to see pictures that will inspire me to go out and take amazing pictures that will inspire people to go travel to far-off places, just like those pictures I like to look at that make me want to get outta town and go hiking, sailing, swimming, running somewhere far away. So, sure they're funny and they look goofy, and they're a form of artistic expression I guess, but not as much as a real poignant photo, like so many of the masterpieces of flickr really are. I'll put up some more flickr images on here so you guys can see what I'm really talking about.

No comments: